Friday, May 7, 2010

Rest In Peace Candidates

Hey folks,

Sorry for the lateness of this post. This has not been an easy week for me. I'll fill ya'll in on the podcast.

I love The Candidate, but I'm not sure how long this post will be. I just wanted to post a few thoughts. To be honest, when I sat down to write this I started thinking about how many more blog posts about Lost I'll be doing. At least how many posts after new episodes. Including this one it's only 4! This last bit will be very tough, but also very exciting, and I'm so happy to have all of you along with me for the ride.

Ok, on to the episode. I'm finding it tough to think about anything other than the three MAJOR characters from the pilot who died in this episode. Going further, from the original survivors, the only ones left are Jack, Sawyer, Hurley, Kate, and Claire I would have taken those odds for the first four early on since they really were the major major characters. Always on all the treks, always getting in on every discussion. I'm assuming btw that Jin, Sun, and Sayid are dead. I've heard theories and comments that Jin could have survived, and that we never saw Sayid blow up. Both of those are true, but honestly, if they appeared, I would not be happy. After that emotional scene where we all were brought to tears? It would be a big mistake to bring Jin back I think.

I'm also interested in the theories out there about the Candidates. People now think there is, and always has been one Candidate. This would appear in direct conflict with my own theory concerning Kate. I stand by that theory, so I'm going to say that they all are Candidates, and can't be killed by MIB. They can however kill themselves. I wonder what would have happened had they let the bomb count down to zero without Sawyer trying to disarm it. I mean MIB clearly thought it would work, and was surprised with it didn't. If they needed to try to disarm it to make it go off then how did he know they would find it? MIB also seems to be a master of the con. I mean his long cons are longer and more more elaborate than anything i'm sure Sawyer ever thought up.

In the off Island storyline I loved how they explained Locke's relationship with his father. On Jay and Jack they said it seems like Cooper was a good guy in this reality, but I disagree. If that's the case, then who conned young James Ford's parents? Maybe it was someone else and Anthony Cooper was some how blamed, or set-up by someone. If it was him though, then he's not that good of a guy. I'd have to really check in the episode, but I don't think they said if they met earlier then they did in the regular reality. Perhaps in this reality the plane crash was just a part of the con. Instead of hunting, Anthony Cooper went along with Locke's flying lessons, and due to the accident, he never got to complete the con, and destroy Locke's life again and again.

The "I wish you believed me" stuff was amazing, but really, Jack was such a stalker. I mean I get that he's interested in this guy, and intrigued by their connection. But really, he crosses the line in my opinion.

There's so much more to say, but I really feel i'm done with this post.

A couple cool things to remember:

We will be recording our thoughts, and hopefully yours too directly after every episode airs in the eastern time zone. You can join us on Talkshoe. Links are on the right hand side.

We will NOT be doing this though after the finale. We will be joining Big-O's Cranky Fanatic Podcast directly following the Lost Finale on May 23rd. Again, this will be in the eastern time zone.

HOWEVER, for you west coasters, we will be recording our own finale podcast on Monday, May 24th. On this show, I will eat by very old Apollo Bar live on ustream! I will try very hard to record it, but I can't promise I'll get it right. So you don't want to miss this.


Ok folks, talk to yah all later.

No comments: