Monday, December 24, 2007

The Number 23

I saw the movie, The Number 23 today. It was ok, not great. Being a fan of Lost, and knowing what "the numbers" mean it was cool to learn all the crazy stuff that exists about that number. It really makes me think they chose it for that reason, just as I think they chose 42 since it's the answer to life the universe and everything.

I don't want to say much about the movie cause I don't want to give anything away, but if you're a Jim Carrey fan(esspecially when he's in a dramatic role) definetly check it out. It also stars Virgina Madsen. If anyone else has seen it, I'd love to hear your thoughts on it.

3 comments:

Lauren said...

havent seen it yet, but with a recommendation from you, josh, i definitely will check it out!

even before Lost, 23 was always my favorite number because it is the date of my birthday!

Rrb said...

Josh I thought it was a cool flick a little dark and far fetched at parts but all and all a good movie I still like E.S.O.T.S.M. the best for not funny carrey.

Unknown said...

When I was younger, I developed a strange fascination with the number 23 that I couldn't even begin to explain today. It was just one of those oddly beautiful numbers.

Then I found out it was the number on Michael Jordan's basketball jersey and after that I figured if I told anybody, they would just assume that was the reason I liked the number, so I stopped thinking about it. Ridiculous, I know.

Haven't seen the movie, but for a while I had a Youtube video up that was my reaction to the trailer the first time I saw it, and that thing brought in some HITS! Of course I erased the video later 'cause it was just kind of pointless :D Eventually I guess I will see the movie, it just seems like any "study" they could possibly do on the number was done right in the trailer. Not sure what else could possibly happen that would be interesting, unless Jim Carrey actually runs down an alley being chased by a giant number 23 engulfed in flames or something!